Pieter grows open field tomatoes. Before starting to work with GuanoBoost his yield was “normal” at 80 tonnes per hectare, he was searching for ways to improve his yield.
A bigger concern was the damage the fertilisers he was using were doing to this soil and water course. Pieter found that his yield was steadily declining and the pollution levels in his water course were rising.
He knew that if this trend continued that his farm would be unsustainable in a few more years. Then Pieter read about Guano Bird Fertiliser.
WHEN THEO, OUR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT MET WITH PIETER HE EXPLAINED THAT GUANO BOOST NOT ONLY HELPED IMPROVE YIELD, BUT IT HAD MANY OTHER BENEFITS AS WELL:
- Because Guano is 100% organic, it preserves the soil, stops it becoming depleted and protects the water source
- It simplified the farmers operations, because it requires less mixing with other products
- It improves water retention in the soil, because organic fertiliser binds to the soil
- Guano can be applied all year round on 3 week intervals (Agricultural)
- Does not burn plant roots because its organic and ensures more upright stems and open leaves enhancing photosynthesis
- Contains lots of vitamins and minerals from the birds diet and a lot of the goodness in the guano comes from the fish bones
ALL THIS LEADS TO HEALTHIER CROPS AND HIGHER YIELDS FOR THE FARMER. INITIALLY PIETER WAS SKEPTICAL AND ASKED THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
Q: Organic is more expensive, right?
A: Well no, it is extremely cost effective, at R650 per application per hectare it is one of the most cost effective products in the market.
Q: Is it as effective as chemical fertilisers?
A: GuanoBoost is just as effective, if not more effective than chemical fertilisers with a nitrate level of N16,5% that is easily ex-tractable by the plants.
Theo promised to work with closer Pieter over the first four months to make sure that he designed the best application plan.
THE RESULTS WERE ASTONISHING
PRIOR TO GUANOBOOST
Pieter’s highest yield prior to using GuanoBoost, was 80 tonnes per hectare
THE FIRST YEAR OF USING GUANOBOOST
In the first year of using Guano Boost he achieved a record 110 ton per hectare
THE HIGHEST BRIX LEVEL
The brix level was the highest they have ever had
More than that, Pieter felt proud. He was proud that he was preserving the land for future generations. For his sons that would one day take over the farm.